Sunday 4 October 2015

Excited for my period?! - Pink Parcel Review

Hey hey lovely people! 


It's so nice to be back and blogging!




PERIODS!

Okay, now that we've got that out of the way, let's get into it!

I'm a complete sucker for online subscription boxes. I'm gonna try and keep my dignity by not naming how many I'm actually signed up to. Well, apart from one!

Recently I subscribed to Pink Parcel, a monthly subscription box for that time of the month.



So signing up was simple enough.

You let them know the date of your last period and what products you'd prefer to have. They stock so
many kinds of pads and tampons, including Tampax (Pearl, Compak etc...), Kotex, Organyc, Always (including Always Infinity), Bodyform and more!

Going to be blunt: I would manipulate your dates.

So far I've had two parcels, and both have arrived during my period. Since the boxes redesign, there are now three dates that parcels are sent out on, so you may be fine, but I would still advise setting your date five days earlier, just to be on the safe side.

Plus, less waiting time to get your fab parcel, eh!

The package arrives as a box in a discreet plastic cover. Bonus, these packages are designed to fit in 94% of letter boxes and are Royal Mail tracked. No more sitting and waiting for your package.





Inside the package are five separate sections

For Now

For Later

For Bedtime

For Down There

For You


For Now, For Later and For Bedtime are pretty self explanatory. 

In my case, my For Now was 4 Always Infinity pads and 6 panty liners, all wrapped up in a handy dandy little drawstring bag to take with you on the go. 

For Later included 14 Always infinity pads and For Bedtime had five Always Infinity Night pads. 

Judging that each pack of Always infinity has a RRP of £3.49, this would've normally cost £5.71 for the daytime pads, £1.74 for the Night and £0.40 for the panty liners, so a total of £7.85

Keep that number in your mind for later on! 



After the box update this month, the For Down There box was added, including an intimate purifying cleanser from Sass.

Now, I know I say that I'm the Sass queen, but now that has a whole new meaning!

The RRP for this would be £7.

So, back to our old number. Our total at the moment stands at £14.85. Periods, Y U SO EXPENSIVE?!



But hold up! I saved the best for last.

Unfortunately, mother nature doesn't bring along a little box of goodies once a month (How rude?!). Thankfully, Pink Parcel does. 

This months goodies included:

A bath and shower summer fruits tea jelly from Bubble t - RRP £4

A Persian Pomegranate Tea (Just saying, this is totally Pomegranate season and I am LIVING) from Novus. Pink Parcel include a different tea each month. - £3.50 for 12 bags, approx £0.29

Bourjois Dark Khol Mascara - RRP £8

Halo Eye Make-up Remover Pads - RRP £1.50 

Doisy & Dam date & Himalayan pink salt chocolate! - RRP £1.75 

#LipGlam lip balm - RRP £9.99




Which brings our grand total to.....


*Drumroll*


 £40.38!!!



WHAT?!?!

100% serious, I didn't expect it to add up to this much when I was writing this. Obviously I was expecting some kind of saving, but I'm seriously shocked!


So, not bad paying £7.95 for your first box, right?

Truthfully, it's kinda nice having someone else just take care of all of this for you. Plus, the treats aren't half bad either! My only fault is the delivery times, but again, manipulate the dates to get your box earlier.

Just wanted to share this with you all so you could check it out for yourselves and see what you think. I'm personally obsessed!

To sign up, just head over to www.pinkparcel.co.uk and it's all straight forward from there.


Now, It's time to let me know what you think!

Do you have any money saving tips for periods? What's the one thing you have on standby to get you through? Let me know in the comments below.



As always, thank you so much for reading & I hope you have a lovely day!



Lots of Love




5 comments :

  1. Wow!!!! Fantastic idea :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this little box it looks so cute! I really need to do a monthly subscription box :)

    love, lissyhayes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems you can get a monthly subscription box for everything now!

    Looks great :)

    Tori xx
    30 Plus and Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! Our periods cost us how much?? £15 plus necessary chocolate, being a girl costs so much! Though I do think this box is a really great idea.

    Beth | MissCosmeticBlogger

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cute idea... not sure about the 'intimate' cleanser though - personally I don't think is necessary and I've heard stories about these kind of products ruining the PH levels down there. In a non creepy way I would be interested in how you get on with it!

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete