Monday 12 October 2015

10 Minute Meals: (Un)Healthy Salad

Hey hey lovely people!



The best thing about blogging again after a major blogging drought (sorry about that by the way) is having what I'm now referring to as bloggers eye.

Seriously, even the smallest things now make me think 'You know what, this could totally be a post'.

Well, that's what happened today.

Let's set the scene:

Picture a wild, hungry Jade, stepping into the kitchen in anticipation of a quick yet super yummy lunch.

Now, I've had an on-off cold for about three weeks now, so I wanted something healthy, in the desperate hope that I'll be able to breathe through my nose again. One issue though: ain't nobody got time to compromise on yumminess!

Ladies and gentleman, I present the 10 minute (un)healthy salad!


Ingredients are:

Chicken
Mixed Salad
Croutons
Mozzarella
Caesar Dressing
Pesto

Okay, so I may have used leftover chicken, but still, substitute it with whatever you've got laying around! 10 MINUTE SALAD WAITS FOR NOBODY!

So, before assembling the salad, I sliced up the chicken and reheated in a pan with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil, then, about 2 minutes before turning off the heat, I added some pesto to the pan! Voila, pesto chicken!







After that, it's straightforward - slice the mozzarella and assemble your salad with the remaining ingredients!

I know I'm biased, but it tasted SO good! 

Perfect for a lazy day when you're feeling a smidge healthier, but nowhere near kale territory.

Here's hoping you've got some meal inspiration!


So, I wanna know, what are your favourite 10 minute meals! NO CHEATING; no microwave meals or pot noodles! Let me know in the comments below!



As always, thank you for reading & I hope you have a lovely day!



Lots of Love


2 comments :

  1. This looks lovely! I love an exciting (unhealthy) salad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! Always feel at least a little bit healthier eating lettuce, even if the rest of it isn't all that good for you! 😂 xoxo

    ReplyDelete