Saturday 4 July 2015

The Jadelist: JUN 15




Hey hey lovely people!

Another month is over and I'm back with the June edition of The Jadelist

There's a lot of acoustic, happy and folksy types of music this month, with some new artists and, of course, some of my all time favourites.

Let's get into this!


1.

Nothing Arrived by The Villagers





First, let me point out that this isn't the original version of the song. Though the original is still great, it simply cannot compare to the live acoustic session at Spotify.

I'm guessing that I first heard this on a Spotify Ad. Either way, I fell in love with it after hearing just the first five seconds.

It's so simplistic, with just guitar and vocals, and I think that's what makes it great. 



2.

I'll Do Better by Jarrod Gorbel




Obligatory One Tree Hill song, my old friend.

Honestly, I don't mean to do this. I really just have a ton of OTH songs on my regular playlist that I
just happen to come across every so often and fall in love with again.

So yeah, in case you couldn't tell my now, I'm really into uplifting, summery songs.

If you're feeling a bit down, have a little listen. Chances are you'll get a smile on your face!




3.

La Ritournelle by Sebastian Tellier (Mr Dans Mix)



asdfghjkl.

This. Is. My. Favourite. Song. Of. All. Time. Y'know, in case you didn't know by now. 

Okay, I'm insanely biased but (and not to go all Kanye on you) this is one of the greatest pieces of music of ALL TIME.

I'm struggling to find the words to write here because it's just such a beautiful, complex song, like nothing I've ever heard before.

Funnily enough, the first time I heard this song was during Ugly Betty about 6 or 7 years ago. I just thought it was beautiful.

Since I bought a guitar about two months ago, I'm finally able to play this, so it kinda re-sparked my insane love for this song.

For all you little Eurovision nerds out there, yes, this is the same Sebastien Tellier that represented France in 2008. Please don't let that influence you clicking the play button. Not saying that I didn't like Divine (and all the beard shenanigans), but this is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY different to that.

Also, the video is so creative and capturing.

If there's only one song you listen to in this Jadelist, please let it be this one.

Okay, rant over, but seriously, I love this song so much.



4.

Spotless Mind by Jhené Aiko



Can I just point out that it hasn't been intentional to have Jhené Aiko appear in EVERY Jadelist so far. She really just is that good!

I think Jhené always brings some kind of calm to all of her songs, and this is no exception.

This song is definitely perfect for a lazy summer day. It sounds really weird to describe, but it has an oasis feel to it, and by oasis, I don't mean the band, or even the shop,  I literally mean like the pool of water in a deserted place.

Weird imagery, but seriously, I get Oasis vibes from this song.

The music video is pretty funny too! It shows Jhené in multiple personalities. I'm claiming myself as a combination of 9am and 12am.

5. 

Someone New by Hozier



I can totally remember when I heard this song for the first time.

Me and my friend Bec were in the car, on the way to pick up her boyfriend and, for once, actually listening to the radio instead of my hogging the AUX.

Now, this song started playing and I instantly fell in love with the bass melody. Naturally I grabbed my phone ready to Shazam it.

That was when I heard the lyrics.

HOZIER!

Seriously, I can clock Hozier in 0.2 seconds.

I'm predicting that this will do very well in the charts, if it hasn't already by the time you've read this.

If there's one thing I can say about Hozier, it's that he's far more than 'Take Me To Church'.


6.

Nicole's Garden by Shiloh Dynasty




This is weird one now.

So, I found Shiloh Dynasty through Vine.

I heard a loop of the lyrics to See You All The Time and became OBSESSED!

Of course, I had to look in the comments to find the name of the song, only to find out that it was his own.

That's when the spiral of obsession began, and me finding Nicole's Garden.

The first thing I think of when I hear Nicole's Garden is 90's. It just has such a smooth, 90's R&B vibe to it, while still feeling really calm.

Here's hoping this boy gets signed already because, as you'll know now, he's incredibly talented. 





7.

Paradise Waiting by Vacationer



Shout out to Snapchat for making me obsessed with this song.

So, those of you on Snapchat might already be familiar with this little number after getting a happy summer notification from the app.

And that's exactly what it is: It's one of those happy, up beat summer songs that just makes you feel really productive and creative on a lovely summer day.

I can't do cartwheels, but man, I wanna do some cartwheels in the grass to this song.

Did I mention that I'm obsessed with the summer?


8.

Boston by Augustana



Again, we have another song that I rediscovered and fell in love with from my main playlist.

I'm guessing I stole this song from a One Tree Hill playlist, considering it's from an ep of OTH that I haven't watched (I haven't watched the school years. No need to judge, I'm already doing that myself)

Gotta be honest, now that I'm writing this post, this song kinda feels out of place around all these happy summer songs.

Nevertheless, it was stuck in my head for a good few days this month

Put it this way; it's a sad song you can feel happy about. 



9.

The Diamond Church Street Choir by The Gaslight Anthem



Well, isn't this a jazzy little number?!

Again, another song that I've rediscovered from my main playlist.

The rhythm on this song is incredible, so much so that I may or may not be tapping along to this while writing.

At around two and a half minutes in, the music stops and just the bass plays. That moment is what music is about!

My only issue is how long it takes to type in the song name and artist in! 



10.

Good For You by Selena Gomez




Well c'mon, we had to have at least one main stream song, right?

So yeah, how did I find this song? Surprisingly from Shane Dawson's snapchat.

Yeah, now obsessed with this song and I think I need Selena Gomez rehab.

It's weird to have Selena singing stuff like this after being involved with Disney, but honestly, she's doing really great at this.

Personally, I think A$AP Rocky ruins this, and I know there's a version without him, but the beat is totally different.

This is the compromise, but damn, it's still really good!




So, that's some of the music I've been loving in the month of June! Have you heard any of these songs before? Which was your favourite from the list? Let me know in the comments below!


Now, question of the post; What was your favourite song in the month of June?



As always, thank you so much for reading & I hope you have a lovely day!



Lots of Love



No comments :

Post a Comment