Sunday 23 November 2014

The Perfect Autumn Lip Colour - Revlon's Va Va Violet

Hey hey lovely people!

 It's now time for another edition of 'The Daily Struggles Of Jade'. Everybody, go and grab your popcorn!

So, when I say that I've spent a long time trying to find the perfect plum lipstick, I truly mean it. Seriously, I've probably spent about 2 months searching in shops and online for the perfect colour. 

Now, here's my criteria for the perfect autumn lipstick colour:

1) It cannot be too creamy/glossy. How many of us really have the effort to re-apply their lipstick every 20 minutes?! 

2) The shade has to be exact. By that, I mean that any lipstick that claims to be 'plum' when it's actually just pink, is out! 

3) Price is definitely a factor. Sure, I could go out and buy a MAC lipstick (that's if they have any left in this seasons favourite colour, which they usually don't), but there's something about spending over £10 for a lipstick that just doesn't go well with me! 

So after this check list, you'd be amazed if I actually found a lipstick that would qualify. We'll, be amazed, because I did! Not only that, but I got it on sale too! I can already sense the collective screams of makeup addicts!

Presenting my favourite lipstick of A/W 2014, courtesy of Revlon. 


Va Va Violet, the centre lipstick, is my A/W 2014 lipstick shade. Look at that beauty! It's plum, but
without that red/pink kind of hue.

So, I bought these lipsticks on 3 for 2 at Boots in October. Now, I can't remember for the life of my how much it cost for them, but I'm sure it was around £10 for the 3 of them. Bargain! 

So left to right is Wild Orchid, Va Va Violet and Black Cherry. Now, I know this post is dedicated to Va Va Violet, seeing as it's the shade I've been on the hunt for, but I've also included the other two because they're really lovely shades, especially if you feel like switching it up a bit some days.  



Now, swatch time. Personally, these colours show up a different on camera. I think they all look a lot pinker toned than they actually are. 

Wild orchid is pretty pink in real life, but not as Barbie pink as it seems here. 

Black Cherry is your typical plum, though it does look more of a red wine here. 

Finally, Va Va Violet has a pinkish hue to it as well, whereas it's more of a vampy plum. 

Now, what's fab about these lipsticks are their staying power. I mean, what's worse than finding the absolute perfect shade of lipstick and then BAM! It's glossy and slips off in 10 seconds. Cringe circle everyone! Let's unite in our struggles!

Also, for those wanting a subtle look, I've discovered that these can also double as a lip stain, especially with the darker shades. 

So, question of the post! What A/W Lipsticks are you loving right now? Let me know, I'd love to hear of some fab products for me to try out!

As always, thank you so much for reading this & I hope you have a lovely day!



Lots of Love




1 comment :

  1. Black Cherry is one of my go-to shades at the moment, I love that it's red-toned so isn't too out of my comfort zone! I do like the look of va-va violet though... x

    Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete