Sunday 16 November 2014

October Favourites

Well hello there lovely faces! 

It's been such a long time since we last spoke. I can't believe that I haven't posted in over two weeks. No need to judge, for I have already judged myself way too many times. I think that blogging and creating different Halloween looks everyday, along with my uni schedule, really threw me off for a while.

Nevertheless, I'm back, with an updated layout (Ooh, fancy!) and another round of monthly favourites! 

Funny thing is, I always hate it when people post monthly favourites too late, yet here I am, doing this. Again, still judging myself. 

Okay, let's get this show on the road!



Okay, so first we have a ton of different lip balms. As you know by now, ever since I had my braces
put on in April, my lips have been pretty chapped. Well, now that winter is here, this problem has doubled. Thankfully, I have this lot here to help me.

 I have to say, I especially love the Nivea Raspberry lip butter because, a) It smells of raspberries, my favourite scent, and b) it's super thick and stays on your lips for a long time. I can hear the sigh of relief already from those of you who hate re-applying lip balm every 10 minutes. 

I'm also really liking the EOS range, even though I initially hated it. Sure, at first hardly any product comes off, but trust me, after about 2-3 uses, product will come off, and won't budge. Seriously, this is a God send. It doesn't slip off at all. I keep one next to my bed and one in my bag at all times.


Okay, now I haven't been using these as much as I'd have liked to. Once again, thank you chapped lips. These are three different Revlon lipsticks, in the shades (L-R) Wild Orchid, Va Va Violet and Black Cherry.

Okay, excuse my awful fingerprints and the fact that they're not in order of shade. Seriously, just looking at this image is irritating me.

So, I adore these colours for Autumn/Winter, specifically Va Va Violet. I've been looking for a purple based plum for a long time and this most definitely does it justice, without breaking the bank.

I bought these on 3 for 2 at boots, so I'd say it cost just under £10 for all three. Bargain, considering they're from Revlon.

I'm planning a more detailed post with swatches on these, to be up in a few days, so look out for that.



So, it wouldn't be a jadebloggs post without a LUSH product now, would it? Presenting my favourite LUSH scent, in liquid form, Rose Jam.

First thing I have to say is that no, it doesn't smell like roses. To me, it smells like berries and citrus. I'm already gutted at how much I've used. Let's say that I'm definitely gonna be stocking up on these this winter. 


And now for my foodie picks of the Month. These are Pick-Up biscuits, otherwise known as my new favourite biscuits, so much so that the image only contains half of the biscuit. Sorry, couldn't resist! 

I had them in my Degustabox last month, and I've been obsessed since. Seriously, I will not disclose how many packets of these I've bought since. 

Don't forget guys, if you want to try it out, use my personal link here and get a discounted box. How fab! 


Okay, my TV pick of the month is a throwback. Let's all take time to enjoy One Tree Hill. Now, I've been through my OTH obsession phase, but I relived it this October by rewatching seasons 6, 7, and 8. Bet you can't tell that I'm a Brulian fan, no?!

Plus, let's not forget the season 8 episode when the storm hits the town. Definitely my favourite episode.


My music pick of the month has to be Hozier. I heard Jim Chapman mention him in one of Tanya Burr's vlogs, so I decided to take a listen. 

There are no other words than to simply say beautiful. I'm already calling that he'll be a big name in 2015.

You should seriously take the time to listen to one of his songs. May I recommend 'Cherry Wine', or 'Take Me To Church', which is appearing in the charts worldwide.


Finally, I'd like to thank you guys for your responses during my week of Halloween looks. It was so great to have your feedback and I really do appreciate it. Along with that, you allowed me to hit multiple blog 'goals' that week, which has boosted my enthusiasm with this.

My skin may have suffered during this week, but it was all worth it. Plus, I'm pretty excited to do something like this again, where I most for consecutive days in a row, which is why I'm planning to take part in Blogmas! 


As always, thank you so so much for taking the time out to read this & I hope you have a lovely day!


Lots of Love








8 comments :

  1. Rose jam is perfection and the blue EOS is unreal becuase it smells delicious :o

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm literally OBSESSED with Rose Jam! I only really discovered it this summer too. How did I survive this long without it?! + Have you tried the raspberry one? I literally want to eat it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. The revlon lipsticks look gorgeous! I'm rewatching the whole boxset of OTH it's my all time favourite <3
    Great post lovely!

    www.hdotxo.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy with them! It took me a while to find my perfect A/W lipsticks, but I finally got there. + OMG, you are so lucky! That's definitely on my Christmas wish list! I'm ashamed to say that I haven't watched any season 1-5, apart from the odd episode that used to play on E4. All I can remember was psycho Derek! + Awrr thanks lovely! It really means a lot! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I've wanted to try Rose Jam for a while now. Definitely need to add it to my next order :)

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, you HAVE to try it! It doesn't really smell like roses either. I think that's what put me off initially, but then I smelt the bubbleroon in store and became OBSESSED! You won't regret it! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I really want to get Revlon Black Cherry - it looks gorgeous! OTH is one of my all-time favorite shows; I love Brulian too! <3

    Sam | www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a post up in a few days with swatches from it lovely! It's definitely been my most worn lipstick this A/W so far! I love it! + BRULIAN FANS UNITE! I love OTH, but please, can I just be Sophia Bush?! She's so perfect! xoxo

      Delete