Sunday 26 October 2014

Halloween Week - Day 3, Cracked face



Hey hey lovely people! Now, I was toying about uploading todays look. Straight up, I know that this is very poor. I nearly posted my look from last Halloween but I decided to make this useful, incase any of you are already planning to do this, you know, a guide of what not to do!

So, here's my mediocre attempt at the cracked face, and how you can improve upon it.



Tip 1 - The size of your brush is super important. Believe me! For this look, I used an ELF Small
Angled brush (I use this brush everyday on my eyebrows, simply because it gives great precision). I've learnt that it's even too thick for these lines. I'd recommend an even thinner brush, or maybe an eyeliner, because these lines i've drawn are way too thick.

Tip 2 - Make sure you use a good white to act as a highlight. From looking at other people doing this, they all seem to be using a white face paint. Unfortunately, mine still hasn't been delivered, so I began using a thick pearlescent white eye cream that I had. DO NOT DO THAT! Believe me, just hold out for your white face paint. 

Tip 3 - Wet face paint works so much better than straight up dry. I used some MAC Fix+ and found it to transfer so much better, and surprisingly, a lot thinner too! 

Tip 4 - It's only makeup! So it didn't work out right? Just wipe it off and start over! 

I think it's good to know that not everyone can do a look first time and have it come out immaculate. For most of us, we just need to take our time and practice a bit more! I'm glad I know now where i've gone wrong and what I can do to improve on.

What's great about this look is that it can be combined with literally any look. You could put this on top of your regular makeup, a cartoon character, or my personal favourite, a china doll look!        Remember, these looks are only suggestions, you can build what you want from them! 



As always, thank you so much for reading & I hope you have a lovely day! 


Lots of Love



4 comments :

  1. This looks amazing (: I'm not really into Halloween but I may just have to try this out anyways xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously?! Thanks! It's so fun to try out, but a nightmare if your brush isn't thin enough! It's fab though because you can create whatever face you want as a base for it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Awrr thanks lovely! My next look will be up at 9pm tonight, so keep a look out for that! xoxo

      Delete