Friday 24 October 2014

Halloween Week - Day 1

Hey hey lovely faces! 

Now, a few days ago, I was on another one of my random late night creative makeup sessions, when I had an epiphany! Why don't I create seven different makeup looks in the week running up to Halloween?

Well that's just what I'm gonna do! So here's Day Ones look: Maleficent

Now, before we start, let's clear up any confusion. I'm talking about Angelina Jolie Maleficent, not the Cartoon kind. Why? It's a lot easier to work with shading on your natural skin tone instead of
green, plus, I bet that a lot of you have easier access to a pale foundation than green face paint. However, if you still want to achieve the classic maleficent look, simply substitute the flesh coloured shades for those of green. Don't forget your darker green for contouring.

Okay, so here's the completed look.



So, as you can see, I've kinda combined both the past and present Maleficent, only because I really
wanted a nice eye to go with it. I used my regular foundation, seeing as I'm pretty pale already, however, I think it'll be fine with whatever skin tone you use. I also used some highlight where needed, along with powder.

Now, about that cheekbone. I didn't use any prosthetics because I really don't have a clue how I'd do that. Personally, I'd just pay close attention to where you're gonna place your contour. Study your face for a few minutes and see where the light catches, and manipulate it from there on. Contour far down from your cheekbone, practically to your jawline, but make sure it's extra dark under the cheekbone, to give it that extra dramatic effect. 



Another thing to mention is eyebrows. Maleficent has very arched brows, which my little flat lines above my eyes couldn't deal with, therefore, I covered them up. Usually I'd use glue, which I would totally recommend as it is a hell of a lot easier, but I couldn't find any in my house at that time, which resulted in my using a super thick creme eyeshadow. 

As you can see, there are a few stray hairs, which is why I'd recommend a few layers of glue. After each brow has been glued down, use a heavy duty concealer to cover them (I used collection 2000's lasting perfection) and voila. All you need to do then is draw your new brows on. I used a brown eyeliner to draw mine on as it was a lot easier than my usual eyebrow gel. 

With the eyes, I mainly used darker shades of purple, with a slight highlight on the inner corners. Again, this can be up to you, depending if you want to stay true to Jolie's Maleficent. 

Finally, I used some red lipstick to finish the look.



What's great about this look is that you can pick and choose which elements you want to include. 

All you have to do now is put on your hat and outfit and voila!

Don't forget, it doesn't really matter what products you use. I did this on a whim with whatever was lying around in my room! 

So that was it for today's look. How many of you are dressing up as maleficent this Halloween? Let me know in the comments below.

As always, thank you so much for reading & I hope you have a lovely day!





Lots of Love






No comments :

Post a Comment