Wednesday 2 December 2015

The Jadelist: NOV 15

Hey hey lovely people!


PANIC! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! 2015 IS NEARLY OVER!

Don't mind me, just casually having an existential crisis over here about how I'm gonna have to start remembering to write 2016 in the date, but inevitably screwing up and putting 2015. 

But seriously, where has 2015 gone?! Only one more Jadelist of 2015 left after this!

On that note, here we have the Jadelist for November 2015, which can only be described as basic, predictable and pop packed!

A lot of big names appear this month because damn, there were way too many big catchy songs. 

But don't be startled! There's still a few hidden gems within the post that'll hopefully make your day

Let's get on with this!





1. 

Afterglow by Big Wild



So, I heard this song at the beginning of the month after going on yet another YouTube music channel rampage (Shout out to TheSoundYouNeed). 

After spending way too much time listening to all their fab songs, I came across this little lovely number and was floored!

I'll be straight up, 9 times out of 10, lyrics in a song don't matter to me at all, but if you have an
instrumental that sounds simply cute and beautiful, I'm sold, no matter what it says.

This song is totally one of those!

Most of the lyrics are indistinguishable, but it really doesn't matter because it sounds perfect! 

Now, this is gonna sound completely weird: I'm not Hindu and have hardly any knowledge on the subject, but this song is how I imagine Diwali to be like. I know, I sound crazy, but it has that beautiful, exciting and special vibe mixture to it. 

Seriously, have a listen and hopefully you'll understand what I mean!




2.

Kamikaze by MØ



The struggle to find this song was actually beyond real.

So half of my snapchat contacts list is filled with celebrities, YouTubers and E! News presenters. Yes, I am that basic. 

So I was going through Ingrid Nilsen's (MissGlamorazzi for all the OG's out there) snapchat story and heard this song playing in the background.

Yeah, try and work out what the lyrics are when hearing it through snapchat for the first time. I bet you wont hear 'Kami-Kami-Kaze'. 

After countless attempts at transcribing the lyrics, I gave Shazam a shot, and bless my soul, it actually worked!

That's when the obsession began.

This song is definitely one of my favourites of the year and, funnily enough, one of the only songs that both me and my best friend like, even though our music tastes are way different!

Again though, here's another example of a song with a great beat to it! Nice one, MØ!




3.

Roses by The Chainsmokers & ROZES





Now, the reason I found this song actually relates back to MØ's Kamikaze

When I was going through one of the many attempts at finding the lyrics for Kamikaze, this song popped up as a search result (and God knows why!)

So, I decided to check it out. Naturally, I was disappointed that it wasn't my song, but damn, it was still a good song. 

So, you should all know of The Chainsmokers by now. I'll give you a hint:

But first, let me take a selfie!

Does that make things clearer?

Whether you loved or hated the selfie song, Roses is a completely different style of song.

Side note, I LIVE for the beat drop in this! Prepare your bodies! 




4. 

Confident by Demi Lovato





I would like to put all blame on TuneIn radio for my basic level of music taste.

I cannot blame TuneIn radio for the sassy dance I'm currently doing while listening to this.

I'll be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of Demi Lovato. I liked the odd song in 2010, but apart from that, I haven't been on her radar. 

This song though is a nice change. 

It's nice to hear her do a fun, sexy style song instead of a powerful one. 

Not to mention that it's incredibly catchy and has a fab beat.

Plus, I wont even judge you for clicking along with the song. After all, What's wrong with being confident?



5.

Smile by The Royal Concept




Oh hello there. Another product of my TuneIn obsessions I see?

This is totally a song I wish I heard in the summer. 

Is it weird that I get this vibe of driving in South Africa when hearing this?! I think it's because of the acapella parts. 

It definitely has that road trip song feel to it.

Definitely an upbeat pop-rock song that will brighten up your day, and still make you feel like you can take on the world.

Plus, let's not mention how obsessed I am with the line "I'll step on a grenade so you can see I'm the bomb"



6.

Same Old Love by Selena Gomez





Okay, I know the TuneIn thing is getting boring by now, but seriously, my radio obsession is getting out of hand. 

But c'mon, you can't deny that Selena Gomez has been bringing out some fab music this year!

First we had Good For You, which featured in June's Jadelist (which might I add, freaked me out, because it doesn't feel that long ago. Existential crisis ACTIVATE), and now, here we are again with another fab song from SelGo. 

Plus, can we just talk about how FLAWLESS she looked performing this at the AMA's this year? 

Okay, the singing wasn't the best, but we shall forever have this track to listen to instead, and that's all that matters, right?



7. 

Here by Alessia Cara





Nice little switch up here. This song wasn't found on TuneIn! PRAISE!

Where did you find this song Jade?

Through the Magic Piano app...

Judge me. Judge my life. I have a Magic Piano obsession and play the daily challenge without fail.

They typically put up free songs to play on there, and this was one of them.

I thought the piano version sounded fab, so I actually made the effort to listen to the original song. 

W.O.W!

This type of song is such a rare beauty these days. It has that classic, jazzy feel, but with a contemporary spin, not to mention that the lyrics are fab too!

Again, it's so refreshing to have an honest rap instead of lyrics that are basically 'wow, look at all the money/drugs/girls I have'...

Seriously, this has to be my favourite find of this month. If you haven't listened yet, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!



8.

Cake By The Ocean by DNCE




Okay, what I want you to do now is listen to this song for a few seconds. 

How does it sound? Good?

It's got that upbeat, funky pop style to it that you can't help but tap your foot to.

Now, I'm guessing that Cake By The Ocean is some kind of innuendo (Not for me though, carbs on the beach is a dream of mine), but let's not get into that right now, let's judge the music.

What would you do if I told you that DNCE has a member that I'm pretty sure you all know.

A member who was once in a band. Of three. Brothers.

Any direction yet? Hold on. Are you Burnin' Up? Need an S.O.S?

Yeah, that's right, the Jonas Brothers. Joe Jonas is a member of DNCE.

I'm gonna disappoint you now and let you know I found this song on TuneIn too!

But c'mon, this song is super catchy. Blame it on the bass. 

Am I doing a mini sitting down dance right now? Maybe...

9.

ave cesaria by Stromae





Whoah whoah whoah! A foreign language song?

Embrace it. Music is beautiful, regardless of the language, and this is a perfect example.

Stromae is a Belgian musician, who, may I add, looks incredibly younger than he is!

I just wish I heard this song in the summer, because it has a fab upbeat, morning style to it. 

Now, do I know what the lyrics are? Of course not, but this is totally backing up what I said earlier. Great music has no language barriers.

Now, I'm off to google translate the lyrics. Here's hoping they're actually not about something awful because this song is so lovely!



10.

Sorry by Justin Bieber




Honestly, feeling pretty ashamed that I did put this on here. I already had too many songs for this months Jadelist, but I still kept this.

Seriously, this has to be one of my most played songs of the month, and man, do I hate myself for it.

This is one of the biggest music conflicts!

Personally, I don't really like Justin Bieber that much as a person, but c'mon, he's always had great music.

Most of his latest album, Purpose, is actually perfect, and all of the singles released from it so far have been chart toppers.

Keep an eye on J Biebs, because I can assure you that this wont be the last time I cringe over myself loving one of his songs, yet again...




So, that was the November Jadelist! A lot of typical pop songs, but c'mon, as much as you may hate some of the artists they were sung by, each song was super catchy!


So, what I wanna know is what was your favourite song of the month of November? Let me know in the comments below?


Did you like any of the tracks featured in this post? Let me know which ones they were!


As always, thank you so much for reading & I hope you have a lovely day!





Lots of Love





2 comments :

  1. I'm with you on Bieber - he's clearly a div but his recent songs are on point!

    Faye x
    i wish i could wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are great! they make the perfect playlist! I've added some to my work playlist. Great post!

    ReplyDelete