Monday 13 April 2015

Catch-up Recap: What I've Been Loving Lately

Hey hey lovely people!

Whoah, first off, how are all of you?! It's been WAY too long!

I've had a really busy (and extremely fun) past few weeks in University, but the academic year is nearly over, so expect your usual posts every Sunday!

Side note, I know this is being published on Monday. Virgin Broadband was down on Sunday in my area. #bbloggers chat was indeed a struggle. 



So, to kick things off, I wanna so you all what products I've been loving over this blog hiatus! 

Plus, the majority of these products are under £10 too. Mini bargain hunt here guys. Please take notes! 


Okay, so first up is the L'Oréal Super Liner. 

I was recommended this during a bbloggers chat a few months back. Initially, I hated the texture, because it dries almost like how a glue would, in that it will peel rather than smudge. 

WHY DID I NOT APPRECIATE HOW GENIUS THAT IS?!

An eyeliner that doesn't smudge! Plus, the brush is pretty thin too, which is great for precision. 

I'm already on my second one, and it looks like it's gonna be a favourite of mine for a while.


Next up is Rimmel's Clear Complexion Clarifying Powder.

Now, I'll be honest, I'm pretty much a powder noob. Not that I don't wear powder, but that I'm really not educated when it comes to powder. 

The most money I've ever spent on a powder is probably £8. Yeah, definitely not a powder snob.

I think this powder works really well though. I don't recall being left with what I call 'patchy powder syndrome'. 

Plus, I've already hit pan. Too real! 


After being recommended this by a lot of people, I finally left my basic e.l.f eyebrow kit and converted to the Sleek Brow Kit. 

First off, the colour is so much better. With e.l.f, I felt like it was almost a reddish tinted brown. With Sleek, it's pure brown. 

I also liked that there's two mini brushes and a set of tweezers. I don't use the mini angled brush, but I do use the mini rounded one to apply the powder. 

On a whole, I'm really impressed with how well Sleek can compete with the high end brands, at a much lower cost. 


Now, I've been after some Spring lip colours, seeing as I'm lacking in anything that's not plum, red or a shade of nude! 

These next two products fulfil that need.

First up is Rimmel's Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in '16'.

So, it's somewhat of a peachy coral colour, which looks great with this sunny weather we're now having. 

I also like that this has a thicker consistency that stays. 

Plus, it smells SO good!


And to contrast, this is my go-to for minimal make up days.

The Maybelline ColourSensational Lipstick in 418, Peach Poppy, gives a sheerer appearance, which is perfect for a little pop of colour when you're not having a heavy makeup day. 



Now, I bought The Body Shop's Vitamin E Overnight Serum in Oil a few months back as a little fad, used it for a few days, then just stopped.

It wasn't until recently, after watching Wayne Goss' video that I started using it again...IN MY FOUNDATION!

Honestly, what a fab technique. I tried it out one day, and I had so many compliments from people about my skin, before I even told them what I had done differently.

I suppose this would work with all face oils, but this one is £13, whereas I've seen a lot of face oils being sold at a much higher price. 

Plus, considering I'm only using 1 drop per application, it's gonna last for a reallyyyyyyy long time.



And now for something that is, dare I say it, life changing.

As an oily skinned girl, I was pretty naive on the whole moisture front. I mean, My skin has way too much oil, surely I don't need to add moisture on top of that?!

Turns out you do, and that maybe your body is producing too much oil from a lack of moisture.

I'm happy to say that I've found a moisturiser that doesn't feel like it's gonna clog me from Simple.

Again, I'm on my second tube of this already, and I've definitely noticed a decrease in oiliness and  breakouts from when I didn't moisturise.


Okay, I'm already obsessed with face masks, but give me one that has a unique feature and I'll FREAK OUT!

I bought this a while back during Boot's 3 for 2 offer on skincare. I already trusted the Sanctuary brand, and after seeing that it said deep cleanse, I had to pick it up.

Is it bad that, despite reading the word 'thermal', I was surprised when my face started heating up?!

Not only that, but my skin was definitely a lot clearer.

Only issue I have is that you REALLY need to get all of this product out, or it'll get stuck in your pores. 


And finally, we have my now all-time-favourite dry shampoo; COLAB! 

Okay, so London is not my favourite scent (it's ALL about New York), but honestly, I've ran out of New York and Paris! 

What I love about this dry shampoo is that it was an even finer texture than Batiste. I like comparing it to a HD powder, in the sense that it has a finer consistency than a normal coloured powder.

Plus, since this product is still relatively new in the dry shampoo market, it's usually still got an introductory price. Bingo! 



So, those are the products I've been loving lately! Have any of you tried these? Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Question of the post; What product have you been loving lately?


As always, than you so much for reading & I hope you have a lovely day! 



Lots of Love




6 comments :

  1. I've been using the ELF Brow Kit but now they're not going to be sold in the UK anymore I need a replacement. I think I'll purchase the Sleek one next :) x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, you'll love the Sleek kit! Officially converted! The colour is so much better than e.l.f's! + I live near Cardiff, so not sure what's happening to our e.l.f store, but I think they might be bringing out products that are similar to e.l.f!

      Delete
  2. great post! love the look of that rimmel lipstick

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty colour! I love how sheer it is too! It's fab for minimal makeup days!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I've converted so many friends to COLAB! I find that it's way finer than Batiste too! The only thing I go back to Batiste for is their colour dry shampoo for when my roots are a bit iffy, but as soon as COLAB does a colour version, then i'm cutting all my Batiste ties! 😂

      Delete