Thursday 4 September 2014

Monthly Favourites - August




Hey hey lovely faces! First up, I have to apologise for not blogging in 11 days! Wowzas! Fortunately, I have a few posts in the creation right now! So sit back, relax, and enjoy my favourite things from the month of August!




Okay, so first up we have an exfoliator from Lush. May I present, Ocean Salt face and body scrub. So I've been looking for a no-nonsense, full on scrub for a while. By that I mean something that will definitely remove dead skin. Sure, all those exfoliators with the teeny tiny beads may work for some, but to me, it just feels like nothing. So, after reading a few online reviews, I popped into the Lush store in Cardiff and picked up this beauty. Now, from the name, I was under the impression that it'd have a masculine scent, after all, it does appear to be a 'rugged' product, but to my surprise, it smells delightful! It's kinda refreshing and citrusy! The product has a weird consistency, kinda like a fluffy, whipped yogurt consistency with a lot of rock salt. I use this as a facial exfoliator, but not too frequent as it can be harsh for everyday use. It's done a fab job for my now smooth skin. Definitely gonna repurchase a big tub when I run out.



Carrying on with the bath product theme, here's the Angels Delight bath bomb from Coal Harbour. Now, as you should know by now, I'm beyond obsessed with Coal Harbour. Well this product here is the highest of the highs, my favourite bath bomb from their range. The smell is heavenly (pun intended) and the colour is beyond fab! It felt like I was sitting in a bath full of melted blue tip tops! When this baby is back in stock, I'm repurchasing loads! 



How could we forget my favourite product of August, the fabulous YSL Fusion Ink Foundation. I'm not going to go into much detail seeing as I've already reviewed this product, but I could see this being my favourite beauty product of 2014! If you're looking for a foundation that is weightless, has great coverage but also looks like skin, then take a look at this. 



Now, for the fabulous Vivid Baked Highlighter from Makeup Revolution. I've seen so many praises about Makeup Revolution lately, most likely because they're popping up in so many Superdrug stores. Thankfully, Cardiff has the new Beauty Studio by Superdrug, so I picked this up there. I'm so relieved to find a highlighter that doesn't have gigantic amounts of shimmer in it. Although it will never take the place of YSL touché éclat for best highlighter, it is a close second. If you want to see swatches of this, click here




Now, I'm not entirely sure on what the official name for these are, but I'm calling them Bun Flowers. The concept is basically a bobble with fabric flowers on them. Sure, you're probably like okay, what's so revolutionary about these Jade. Well, what if I told you that you could roll out of bed, chuck your hair up in a messy bun and still look like you made a decent amount of effort? Exactly! Put one of these bad boys around your messiest bun and you'll instantly look fabulous. By now you should realise how lazy I was this August. 



These Muller Whipped Greek Style Bliss Corner yogurt's (what a mouthful, pun not intended) are perhaps the yummiest yogurt's I've ever tasted. Usually, I'm not one for yogurt. Sure, it's alright, but it's a bit too liquidy for me. Seriously, I've never been able to finish a full sized Muller yogurt in my entire life. But these, these are different. The whipped yogurt tastes just like cream! I've never tried Greek yogurt before, so this might just be a normal thing, but it doesn't taste like yogurt at all. Plus, they make a raspberry flavoured version, so of course I had to pick it up. Now, I'm not saying that I'm addicted, but I may or may not be on my third pack of these. 



Now for perhaps my biggest addiction of the month, Breaking Bad. Oh dear, so many mixed feelings for this show! I'm not gonna give a full description because I know I'll put out some spoilers, but let's just say that this show had me hooked (I don't know what's with all the puns, I'm seriously not even trying!). I will be honest, I wasn't satisfied with the ending, like most people, but it's seriously worth watching! But while you're watching, just remember, they're not rocks, they're minerals!!


Wow! That was a pretty quick post! Apologies! Now I've got a few posts coming up in the next few days! I've had deliveries from Degustabox, Lush Kitchen and Coal Harbour so look out for a few of those. 



QUESTION OF THE POST! - What was your favourite product from August?


Thank you so so much for reading lovely people! I hope you have a fabulous day!




Lots of Love




3 comments :

  1. Love the flowers in your hair, so cute! That highlighter looks amazing too! Great post! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awrr thank you! They've been such a life saver, plus they're really cheap! I picked that one up from Primark for £2! Shout out to my cousins boredom as well for putting the daisies in! + IKR! I had it recommended to me! I've heard that it's a good dupe for NARS' Albatross! + Awrr thanks lovely! It means so much to hear feedback from everyone! 😘 xoxo

      Delete
  2. Same! I think I took the same amount of time! I remember watching all of season 4 in one day! + All i'm saying is that my favourite character wasn't in the finale, and I will not accept his 'lack of appearance'! 😂 (The struggle of no spoilers! You should hopefully know who I mean though!) + I had all these ideas in my head of what would happen, and none of them were that! IDK, it seems like they ended it to leave doors open, but i'd much rather they didn't! It seemed a bit stupid after having no-holds-barred seasons!

    ReplyDelete