Sunday 24 August 2014

Mini beauty haul - Beauty Studio by Superdrug & more!




Hey hey lovely people! I've got a few beauty products in the past month from Cardiff's new Beauty Studio by Superdrug, so I thought I'd share with you! I've also included some purchases from other shops, including Boots, John Lewis & Debenhams! 

So, without further ado, enjoy! 




So first up, we've got my collective haul from the Beauty Studio. Now, I'll be honest, I had a silly moment when buying these. After watching so many RuPaul episodes, I mixed up Makeup Revolution with Color Evolution. My broken makeup heart! Nevertheless, I'm pretty happy with my mistake because I picked up a few fab products! 



Okay, so first, let's discuss the I Heart Chocolate palette. Shout out to BuffyTheMakeupSlayer for suggesting this palette. I mean, look how fab this is?! Hands down the best palette design I've EVER seen! 



And here are the included shades. Now, I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that there are 14 eye shadows and 2 highlighting shades, hence why they're bigger. I'm actually really happy that they've included names for each shade. This makes it soooo much easier to explain when creating looks and showing swatches, as you will now see



So here are the swatches. As you can see, some are a hell of a lot more pigmented than others. What A Way To Go looks beyond fab, the only issue is its usability. The two highlighting shades didn't swatch too well, for obvious reasons. Overall though, I think this is a great palette for those who like basic/nude shades, especially if the NAKED palettes are out of your price range. For £7.99, you'll be getting a great product. 


Next up is the Makeup Revolution Acid Brights palette. Now, I know it looks outrageous, but hear me out. Am I the only who just loves to mess about with makeup and create wild looks that you wouldn't ever dream of walking outside in?! Well, that's what this palette is for. A girl can dream, in the comfort of her own bedroom! 



So, unlike the I Heart Chocolate palette, these shades don't have names, but do not fear, I have simply swatched from left to right. As you can see, some colours are clearly more pigmented than others, yet again. The white shade swatched pretty poorly, even though I went over quite a few times. The same can be said about the more neon shades, which, after a few swatches, will turn out pretty nice, but be warned. The very first pink shade was probably the best for pigmentation, so I'd definitely recommend. Truthfully, this is just a nice little palette to mess about with, or even use for certain (weird) special occasions, and for £4, I'm pretty content. 


Next up is the I Heart Definition Palette. As the name suggests, this palette is created to define features, so there's a shade for contouring, highlighting and a blush. 


Here are the three shades. Now, I picked up the Fair skin palette because I'm super pale, but this palette is also available in the shade Medium. I'm not impressed with the shade range because there are plenty of people that don't fit into these shade ranges. Seriously, more needs to be done so that everyone can have at least the opportunity to purchase makeup in their tailored shade.



 Now, I'm pretty impressed with this palette, considering it was only £4.99, which is cheaper than just buying a single blush from most drug store brands, but I don't like using the highlight. Although the swatch does not show it well, it tends to leave a large shimmer, which doesn't look that fab when you're doing your makeup. I want to highlight, not look like a sugar plum fairy. This is why I like to use a different highlight, this highlight below in fact. 



The Vivid Baked Highlighter (Shade 'Golden Lights') is also another Makeup Revolution product, which is known to be a good dupe for NARS' Albatross. Again, thanks to Shannon for suggesting this because it's F-A-B!



So this is Golden Lights without flash


And this is with flash. 

So, as you can see, it creates a lovely highlight that isn't over shimmery in natural lighting. Personally, I'm pretty obsessed, considering that I never used to use a highlight. I'm a changed person! 



Now, I thought this was super cute of Beauty Studio. It wasn't until I got home that I realised there was a sample of the Nivea in shower body moisturiser at the bottom of my bag, which I've actually been meaning to try. This is such a great idea, seriously, more beauty shops should do this. 




Next up is what I picked up in Boots. Now, I've been meaning to try the borjois healthy mix foundation for a while. Picture yourself, just about to pick this up, when you realise that there are actually two healthy mix foundations. SAY WHAT?! Exactly, also shout out to the lack of mobile phone signal in Boots, meaning I couldn't actually check which one I wanted. That's when I bit the bullet. 3 for 2 you say? And a free pair of sunglasses too? SOLD. So I picked up the two foundations and an under eye cc concealer. Officially set for (what's left of) summer. 



Now for what I picked up elsewhere. I went to John Lewis to pick up my all time favourite, everyday foundation, NARS sheer glow. From reading a few beauty reviews (long story short, my MAC 187 has turned a greenish blue) I found out that solid shampoo is all the rage and is actually a fab thing. I'm gonna be trying the Japonesque solid brush cleanser out tonight so look out for a review on this. It was pretty pricey at £16, compared to my usual £2 for baby shampoo, so I'm praying that it's worth it.  And finally, last but by no means least, I picked up the YSL Fusion Ink Foundation. Ah, can I seriously rename this The Holy Grail Foundation, because that's exactly what this is! If you haven't read my full review on this yet, check it out!


So that's all for today lovelies! Now that I've FINALLY finished Breaking Bad (nobody talk to me about that atrocity that was the finale), I should be blogging every three days, so keep a look out for that. If you don't wanna miss a post, follow me on Bloglovin here 


Thank you so much for reading la-la-lovely people, I hope you all have a fab fab day.





Lots of Love 






6 comments :

  1. I love Cardiff's Beauty Studio, it really is the perfect shop for make-up addicts! I also picked up the I Heart Chocolate palette from there but I haven't had the chance to give it a full try out yet! I've heard so many good things about Nars sheer glow, I think it deserves a place on my never ending wish list! Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME! It's so convenient as well that it's in St Davids! I love the whole mini salon in the centre of the shop too! + My friend recommended it, and i'm so glad she did, the colours are stunning! The packaging is beyond fab as well! + I'm at the point now where I can't live without it! I'm on my third bottle, although YSL fusion ink is beginning to take over, so long as i'm having a good face day! xoxo

      Delete
  2. You picked up so many new beauty goodies! I still haven't tried anything from Makeup Revolution yet! This stuff is popping up everywhere so I'll have to suss it out for myself soon! The new YSL foundation sounds like a dream, I need to pick up a sample of this! x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR! Everyones been talking about it so much lately! I think the packaging is a big seller too, I mean, as soon as I saw the range in Superdrug, I had to have a look! Not sure if it's just the new beauty studio, but they had sample trays built in for every product so you could swatch in store! It was so great! If you're ever near Cardiff, go in and check it out! + It's so fab! I think YSL should still be giving out the 7 day samples, so check that out! What's great as well is that everyone says the colour match is perfect! xo

      Delete
  3. I love the new superdrug beauty studio in cardiff I prefer to go there than the original superdrug in cardiff queen street. I am loving the new revolution make up, the eyeshadows are just amazing and great value for money gemgembeauty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME! There are so many makeup and beauty products there! It's fab! Plus, it's way more convenient than the Queen street store, like it takes a lot of effort for me to actually go onto Queen street, now that most of the shops I want to go to are in St Davids! + Exactly! I can't believe I've never heard of them before either! Let's hope that Superdrug continue to bring new brands in, it's exciting! xoxo

      Delete