Sunday 31 January 2016

The Jadelist: DEC 15

Hey hey lovely people!

January has been a busy, but spectacular month for me, so blogging has kinda been pushed aside, but I was determined to get this posted before the month ended!

So, December had a great mixture of music (and one song from a soundtrack which I'm not even ashamed of putting in!), with a couple of not well known artists, some nice little throwback tracks, and maybe even a new Christmas track!

So without further ado, here's the the December Jadelist!





1.

Adventure of a Lifetime by Coldplay



Okay, so I first heard this during the AMA's and freaked out.

Believe me, it was a total surprise! I was only watching to see the Star Wars footage!

I was immediately obsessed. Hook. Line. Sinker.

I know people have a tendency to hate anything by Coldplay that was made after 2008 but give 'em a
chance guys.


It kinda has a summer vibe to it, which believe me, it helps you out so much in this cold and miserable weather!

#Summer2016Goals?





2.

Cecilia and the Satellite by Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness




If I could sum up this song in one word, it would be cute!

So I started watching the Supergirl series a few weeks back (honestly, the trailer is a travesty, but it's actually a really addictive show) when this song played in the background.

*grabs phone*
*opens Shazam*
*furiously waits for Shazam to open*

You get the general picture, right?

This song has that electro pop feeling, but on a much calmer level, with super adorable lyrics.

Though, have fun trying to remember the artist and song name. Yeah, nine words in total!





3.

Gold by Kiiara



Is it basic of me to admit that I found this through a beauty guru video on YouTube?

Seriously, I feel like such a cool kid when listening to this.

Though, little cry for help here: can anyone actually point me in the direction of what this genre is actually called? Some kind of contemporary electro bass situation?

It's started popping up all over the place, so chances are that you might've heard this song already

If not, what are you waiting for?!





4.

Rey's Theme by John Williams



I'm not even embarrassed

in

the

slightest

If you follow me on literally ANY kind of social media (I mean, even here on this blog), you will know how ridiculously excited I was for Star Wars Ep VII: The Force Awakens.

So, when I watched it (midnight showing baby, just saying...), I absolutely fell in love with Rey's theme.

Now, I get major Memoirs of a Geisha vibes from this, especially from the start, which isn't at all surprising considering that John Williams was responsible for the soundtrack for that too.

I just love how it's delicate in places, but still can be bold and brave, just like the character of Rey.

Definitely my favourite track from VII.

Well done John Williams for capturing a character perfectly in music!





5.

True Love by Ariana Grande



I mean, c'mon. It wouldn't be a December Jadelist without a Christmas song. Am I right?!

So, like the majority of the population, I went through my phase of obsessing over Ariana Grande's music this year.

But then, I heard she dropped a Christmas album.

Jesus, take the wheel. I wasn't ready.

Don't get me wrong, I do love a lot of the good old Christmas classics, but it's always great to hear a new Christmas song that isn't just a rehash of the general "Ooh, it's cold. Festive. Bells are ringing etc.."

I'm sorry, but it has to be agreed that Ariana is killing it!

A new modern day Christmas favourite, up there with Justin Bieber - Fa La La ft Boys II Men

Did I just say that?!....





6.

If Not For You by George Harrison



I find it amazing how half of the songs I find are from TV shows when I hardly watch TV.

How does this even happen?!

Well, though George Harrison was actually very famous for being in the Beatles, I had to be the basic white girl that found a single by him through Brother & Sisters.

But seriously, this song has that slightly cheesy, but ultimately a sweet classic feeling.

Plus, I'm always a sucker for an uplifting beat.

Also, #Neva4getRobert&Kitty!





7.

Better Give U Up by FKJ



I'm trying to remember for the life of me where I first heard this.

It had to either have been a YouTube music channel or Spotify radio.

But forget all that. Let's talk about the chilled, jazzy, hip hop beat.

The strong bass in this is just so hypnotising.

I may or may not be tapping my foot while writing this.

This song is so addictive, I better give it up

Too cheesy?






8.

You're the Best by Wet




Oh hello there, another product of spending way too much time on Spotify radio.

The vocals in this song have that dream like state to them, which you really notice when it goes acapella.

But what I really love about this song is the guitar part about 1.30 into the song.

It gives off a real summer sunset vibe.

I sound totally crazy, but I picture somewhere like a grassy plain in South Africa as the sun is setting.

Too soppy?






9.

Worry by Jack Garratt



First rule:

Don't be deceived by the beginning of this song.

Sure, it sounds a bit sad at first, minus that lovely bass going on.

But then, out of nowhere

BAM!

That beat kicks in!

Wasn't expecting that, right?

Also, let's just praise Jack's vocals in this.

Is it too early to call him being one to watch for this year? 





10.

One by Aimee Mann



Now for a throwback track

So I'm such a little Snapchat stalker and I follow Catt Sadler on there.

Now, let me be the first to say that her music taste is on point.

I regularly find myself googling lyrics of the songs in her Snapchat stories, or furiously using Shazam  on my iPad while playing the story on my phone.

So this song actually came out in 1999, which doesn't sound like too much of a throwback, but think about it. That's 15 years now.

Feel old now?

Either way, I'm a sucker for a jazz style song, plus, it totally helps knowing the lyrics to a song already and being able to belt it out in the comfort of your own home.

Do it. You have my permission!





So, that's the last Jadelist of 2015 covered!



What was your favourite song? Let me know in the comments below!

What song was your favourite during December? I'm always up for finding new music!



As always, thank you so much for reading & I hope you have a lovely day






Lots of Love




2 comments :

  1. I believe there are many more pleasurable opportunities ahead for individuals that looked at your site.

    oracle training in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to provide such a mind refreshing cool post.
    ipad service center in chennai

    ReplyDelete