Thursday 1 January 2015

My 2015

Hey hey lovely people!


First thing's first, i'm the realest, apologies for the abrupt ending of Blogmas. Realistically, it was a bad idea to blog every day when I had a lot of things to do this festive season, not to mention that my charger decided to break just after my last post, which was kinda the final straw!


Nevertheless, I did enjoy blogging more frequently, along with posting on topics that weren't fully beauty related, so expect a bit more variety in 2015!


Anyways, back to the point of this post, my plans for 2015.


Now, I came up with this list in 1 minute. Why didn't I think about it? Because if I had to think, then it couldn't have been that important. #JadeWizdom



Let's begin!


1) Blog more frequently

I mean, just look at my post numbers each month. Usually, I'll have a spree of posts, then a huge break. That's right, I'm talking about you November 2014!

This year, I'm aiming to most frequently and consistently, hopefully twice a week seeing as my uni schedule is a bit calmer this term. Also, expect my regular Sunday posts to be back.

2) Learn to play guitar & be able to read music again

Now, in 2014 I taught myself to play the Ukulele, which was super fun. This year, I'm gonna up the game from 4 strings to six *ooh*.

Flashback to 8 year old Jade playing the recorder. That's right, I was that kid. Well, back then, I could read music, but now I'm pretty clueless. This year, I'm gonna learn how to read music again.

3) Start posting YouTube videos

 I've been meaning to do this for a really long time, and now that my bedroom is almost finished, you can expect to see some YouTube beauty videos very soon.

If there are any particular videos you want to see, let me know in the comments below.

4) Buy some Zoeva Brushes

A weird one, I know, but my brush game is most definitely not strong. I own a MAC 187 and a real techniques foundation brush. All my other brushes are either elf, Avon, or some brand that I don't know!

This year, I will up the brush game with some fancy new Zoeva brushes that everyone's been raving about.

5) Organise my makeup and other beauty products

Last year, I had my first set of ALEX drawers. Despite having 9 drawers, I still don't have enough space to put everything. The shame of it all!

This year, I'm planning to get another ALEX to put everything else in. That's right, i'm getting excited over storage.

6) Walk more

Okay, it's no lie that I get way too many taxis. This year, I need to walk more, or at least get more buses.

I guess that once the weather gets warmer, it'll be a lot easier. The struggles of maritime climates.

7) Start exercising more

2012 Jade did Zumba, 2013 Jade had a gym membership, 2014 Jade cancelled her gym membership.

2015 Jade needs to start exercising again. Lets actually do this!

8) Become more involved in out of uni things

By this, I mean things that will help me in the future. In 2013, I became part of the dragon radio USW team (www.dragonradiousw.co.uk), which is one step forward in the right direction.

This year, I want to become even more involved with other journalism based things, like writing for other blogs/websites/newspapers/student newspaper and take up a couple of work experience opportunities, including one that I have planned for this month.

Hey, at least I've already completed one goal!


9) Take up driving lessons

Oh dear, now for the dreaded one. I took up driving lessons in 2012. From that short time, I've concluded that I would love to drive, if nobody else was on the road...

This year, I need to (Wo)man up and start my lessons up again.

Only problem is that, when I pass, I'll just constantly be driving to the beach...


10) Go back to Paris


Weirdly enough, this is probably the most important one on the list for me. 370 days ago, I was in my most favourite place in the world, and I really really really want to go back.
Seriously, I actually miss Paris. Everything just feels so right there. That's why I'm 100% going back this year, maybe even this summer.

I've already started planning my return, so watch this space!




So that's My 2015, let's start this journey together.


As always, thank you so much for reading & I hope you have a lovely day!



Lots of Love



10 comments :

  1. We have some similar resolutions like I definitely want to become more consistent when it comes to my blog and exercise more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly, my consistency is already failing! I put up my second blog post 24 days later, and i'm only just replying to this now! 😂 So sorry!
      Jade xoxo

      Delete
  2. The best of luck for 2015! Thanks for sending your link over in the twitter chat!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! + Thanks for taking the time out to check my blog!
      Jade xoxo

      Delete
  3. Lovely resolutions Jade, definitely recommend the Zoeva brushes! Take up driving lessons is something I need to do, just so expensive and scary!

    GIVEAWAY: Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadow Palette on The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might put in an order tonight! They look so lovely! + SAME HERE! I could totally drive, if nobody else in the world did! My problems are when I have to consider other people! 😂
      Jade xoxo

      Delete
  4. These are great!! I don't do any exercise and I didn't bother making it a resolution because I neverr stick to it but walking is something incorporated into my routine (uni is quite a trek from the train station) so I guess that is something. I'm with you on the first though- I'm so sporadic when it comes to blogging- I want to be more consistent. Good luck with Youtube!
    Julz Obsessions xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 25 days in and I still haven't done any exercise! Here's hoping I eventually get a gym membership! 😂 + My uni walk is only 10 minutes, so not bad at all! + Posting 24 days after I posted this! Clearly, my schedule is going so well! I blame deadlines! 😂😂 + Awrr thanks lovely!
      Jade xoxo

      Delete
  5. Great read and best of luck!!

    Learning how to read music is certainly one I'd keep at. Music is a truly beautiful art form, and with the right amount of willingness is really a lot easier than people make it out to be!

    I struggled at first as many do, but there's so much out there these days to help it's just all about finding the best way for you.

    I'd highly recommend having a read over at http://bandcreature.com/learn-how-to-read-music-in-7-days if you decide to go ahead, that's what got me going

    All the best
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little mid-year update! I bought a guitar about a month ago and i'm making pretty good progress! Learning how to read music however has been a bit off! 😂 Thankfully, every piece of music i've read so far has been in letter form! I have a few months free now though, so I should really get to learning! Thanks for the link lovely!

      Delete