Friday 19 December 2014

Blogmas Day 18 - 5 Reasons Why You Should Moisturise


Hey hey lovely people!

So, as you know from reading my last post, we're getting new windows fitted in my house, which means that for the past few days, all we've really been doing is tidying and cleaning, hence the poor post timings. Sorry!

Today though, I thought I'd do another 5 reasons post, one that links to the last one!

So, here we go, 5 reasons why you should moisturise.



1) To restore moisture in your skin

Okay, let's start with the obvious one. They're called moisturisers for a reason, because they restore the moisture that your skin has lost. 

2) To seal in moisture

Now, we just talked about how your skin can lose moisture right? Well, applying a moisturiser (Preferably petroleum based) can form a barrier on your skin that stops moisture from escaping. 

3) To soothe and stop irritations

Is it bad that I immediately feel itchy after writing this?! It's so annoying when your skin becomes irritated and you can't help but scratch it. Seriously, that just makes things worse. Well, moisturise! Products containing ingredients like Aloe and chamomile help to soothe irritated skin. 

Plus, remember that barrier we were talking about? It also helps to protect the skin from dryness and allergens, two of the biggest allergens!

4) To heal the skin

Now, I know this one all too well after my lip struggles over the past few months. Dry skin can't properly heal itself, so keeping it moisturised will just help things heal quicker. In my case, using Vaseline, a petroleum based moisturiser, helped to seal moisture in my lips and voila, I now have super soft lips again!

5) To look younger

Let's prevent those wrinkles! Moisturised skin is plumper, thus reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. As simple as that! 







So, question of the post: What moisturisers do you like to use? I ADORE Simple's oil balancing facial moisturiser. Seriously, I use it daily. 



For a body moisturiser, I love Vaseline's Spray & Go, mainly because I'm lazy and it smells like Hollister! Yum!


Finally, I love to use Vaseline to moisture my lips, BUT NOT the lip therapy tins, I'm talking about the full on original Vaseline. I'm convinced it's a different formula. The original one is definitely thicker.


As always, thank you so much for reading & I hope you have a lovely day!



Lots of Love



4 comments :

  1. I'm obsessed with the Vaseline Spray and Go. I'm so lazy when i comes to moisturizing so this is perfect. Love your blog.
    http://www.tamlovestea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME HERE! Recently, I used the palmers cocoa butter equivalent! It's practically the same, except you smell like food! 😂 + Awrr! Thanks lovely!
      Jade xoxo

      Delete
  2. Ooo I didn't know the Vaseline spray smelt like hollister, I will have to try it! Love the smell of that place!!
    Kirsty x


    PrettyBugBlog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SOOO good, plus, it surpassingly lasts a really long time, which is weird for an aerosol!

      Delete