Tuesday 16 December 2014

Blogmas Day 16 - My Wax Obsession


Hey hey lovely people!

So, I was sat around thinking what to post on, then I realised the lovely smell that was in my living room from my wax melter.

Therefore, today's post is gonna be on my latest obsession, WickNWax!


Okay, so WickNWax are a small UK based company that make tons of wax melts in all different shapes and sizes. It's funny because until about a month or so ago, I'd never used a wax melt!

I'm trying to remember where exactly I first heard of them, but it was definitely on Instagram from someones post. After that, I thought I'd have a look on their website, which ended up with my buying a warmer and a few different scents.


You can buy waxes in different scents and shapes, for example, a scent shot, which is basically a single scent which you can use to 'test' a fragrance, or combine with others to make your own unique fragrance!

Along with all the other products are wax loaves, which you can customise if you choose. Naturally, I HAD to make something with raspberry, so I have my own personal scent of Raspberry, Cotton Candy and Birthday Cake.


My personal favourite scent from WickNWax as of now is Blonde Moment (the yellow one above), a mixture of champagne, raspberries and strawberries! Yum!

Now, for this of you just starting out in wax, big tip! Unlike candles, wax won't just melt away. Instead, it'll just lose its scent. 

I think most people use up there wax until the scent had gone, pour it away and then pop a new one in. To be honest, I like to change my scents up quite often, which is why I freeze mine.

Freeze?! Yes, you heard that right. When your wax has cooled, put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes and it'll pop out of the warmer so easy, in a cute little square shape, or whatever shape, depending on your wax warmer.


So, that's kind of a brief introduction into wax melts! If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know in the comments below!

Question of the post - Have you ever tried a wax melts? What's your favourite and from which brand?  Let me know in the comments below!


As always, thank you so much for reading & I hope you have a lovely day!



Lots of Love


No comments :

Post a Comment