Sunday 14 December 2014

Blogmas Day 14 - My Top 3 Nail Varnishes



Hey hey lovely people! Finally, a post that's actually up on the correct day! 10 points to me!

Today, we're continuing with the Top 3 series. So here it is, my top 3 nail varnishes. 

Note, this isn't on consistency/longevity/etc..., this is soley on shade.

Let's do this! 


So these are top 3 nail varnishes as of December 2014, in the following order:

1st - Barry M Gelly in Lychee
2nd - Models Own in Emerald City
3rd - Barry M Gelly in Paprika



So, let's start with my favourite, Lychee.

This is literally my all time favourite go-to shade. It matches anything, it's great for any situation, plus, since it's a gelly product, it doesn't take a million coats to get it looking great!

In all honesty, this is probably my 5th bottle of this. Perhaps the most perfect shade of nude to ever be created! Am I right?!

Definitely my all time favourite.



If there was a nail varnish to represent my entire existence in sixth form, it would be Models Own Emerald City.

This nail varnish is probably the most beautiful colour I've ever seen. It's so sparkly and beautiful, plus, since it's a glitter product, it's not so easy to chip.

My only criticism is that, since it's a glitter, you'll either need to apply a million coats, or find a non glitter nail varnish to match it as a base, and good luck finding that.

When I have the effort, this nail varnish is always a winner.


Now, for my favourite of this A/W, Paprika. 

I picked this up thinking that it was a burnt orange. Turns out, it's more of a tan/brownish red shade when applied. 

Sure, I was disappointed initially, but then I realised just how on trend this varnish could be.

This has probably been my most applied nail varnish of A/W 2014. Plus, it looks gorgeous with a matte top coat.



Which leads me onto my wild card. 

I know this post says top 3, but this isn't really a shade, plus, it's something that I love so much!

Now, please don't buy any matte shades of nail varnish! Why spend all that extra money when you can just buy a matte top coat instead?!

I love the Rimmel one, mainly because the brush gives a great application, but word on the street is that you can pick up a matte top coat from Asda for £1!!!

I think everyone needs a matte top coat in their life. It's a quick way to jazz up your plain varnishes. 


So that was my top 3, plus one, again!


What I wanna know is, what's your favourite nail varnish shade? Let me know in the comments below!


As always, thank you so much for reading & I hope you have a lovely day!









Lots of Love

7 comments :

  1. Lychee is an all time favourite of mine and oh my, Emerald City = STUNNING! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just lovely?! Nothing has compared to it since! I just adore nude nail varnishes! + Seriously, if you think it looks good online, then you HAVE to see it in person! It's so fabulous! xoxo

      Delete
  2. i love nude shade, i really need to wear mine more!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps.my £660+ beauty giveaway is here if you fancy entering it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely! But I know how you feel! For me, it's just trying to get the time (and effort) to actually paint my nails. When I do though, it's typically Lychee! So much love for it! + Ooh! Will have a look now! Thanks lovely! xoxo

      Delete