Monday 4 August 2014

Monthly favourites - July 2014





Hey hey lovely faces! A few days late with this post, but forgive me, it was my birthday! So here we go, here's my monthly favourites for July! 



First up, we have the notorious Baby Lips by Maybelline. I know they've been around forever but I've only just made the effort to try them out now. No need to judge me, I'm already judging myself! So, as you already know by now, I've gotten a lot of dry and dead skin on my lips from braces, so I'm pretty much obsessed with using lip balms. Now flashback to Jade in Superdrug, discovering a clear Baby Lips, labelled as 'Intense Care'. I can safely say that it does what it says. It's so incredibly moisturising that my lips turned baby soft (pun intended) on the same day, all be it after a few applications. Nevertheless, this product is fab fab fab, however, I'm unsure how I feel about using the coloured Baby Lips. They feel like they wouldn't have enough staying power. 



Next up we have the L'oreal Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo. So I've been a L'oreal junkie all of my life, from L'oreal kids to Elvive. Seriously, I swear it's how I keep my hair in good condition! Well, every time I see a new Elvive shampoo, I HAVE to try it out, no matter what hair type it's listed for. Fibrology is tailored for thicker hair, which I don't really have, but I still saw amazing results. My hair felt as if every fibre had been conditioned. Not only did I see results, but others did too. Noticeable results in one wash. Amazing! I definitely recommend, along with other Elvive products.





This summer has been one of the best that Britain has ever had, so naturally, sun protection has been a must. Now let's admit it, how many of us have sat out in the sun just a little bit too long? Thought so! That's why after sun is great to moisturise the skin after baking it for too long, while also soothing it too, and what better than using a product that does good and smells good?! The Gilly Hicks 'Sea You Staring' after sun Strawberry and Freesia fragrance is just perfection! Not only that, but the cream has a subtle shimmer too. Only problem is that I can't ship their body spritz to the UK. #FirstWorldProblems 




                                                              


Next up is the Febreze Sleep Serenity bedroom mist in Warm Milk & Honey. First of all, thanks to Hannah for introducing me to this product. For anyone who's like me and has trouble sleeping, this product is a must have. The scent is super relaxing and helps you to unwind and bring sleep on a lot quicker. It reminds me of being wrapped in a blanket after a warm bath. Plus, I've been sleeping so so much better since using this. Love! 






Next up are lovely lovely cupcakes from my friend Milly of 'Milly's Cupcakes'

So Milly made a special batch of Raspberry & White Chocolate cupcakes which, naturally, I HAD to get a box of. OMG, you cannot understand how fab they were! The icing was lovely and fluffy, with real raspberry pieces in the sponge! Not only that, LOOK HOW HUGE THEY ARE! Seriously guys, they're fab fab fab! She does different flavours all the time so I suggest you check out her Facebook page! 

https://www.facebook.com/millyscakess




Next up is a new summer addition from Starbucks, the Red Berry Yoghurt Frappuccino. This has taken the place of my much loved Berry Hibiscus Refresha (R.I.P, at least in the UK that is). The drink is a mixture of a berry fruit compote, yoghurt and ice, blended to create a cold, refreshing drink that isn't as thick as you'd expect. Definitely great for this summer. 



My next favourite has been a favourite of mine for a while which I've recently become obsessed with again. Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you one of my favourite films, Memoirs Of A Geisha. I seriously must have watched this film about 10 times in the past month. The film tells the story of Chiyo, a young girl who is set to become a Geisha. The film gives a great insight into the life of a Geisha, which most of us have limited to no knowledge about. I can easily say that this is one of the most beautiful, visually pleasing films I've ever watched. Each scene is magical; The snow dance scene will leave you mesmerised. It's currently on Netflix so go check it out! 


Finally, we have my song of the month, Florida Kilos by Lana Del Rey, from her new album, Ultraviolence. I discovered this song from a YouTube video by Elliot Morgan. This song differs to Lana's usual style, kinda being more upbeat and summery, but still bringing a relaxed vibe. Lana Del Rey is one of my favourite artists, and this song just keeps on showing off her talents. Seriously, check this out on spotify! 


And that's it for my monthly favourites, until next month!

Thanks for reading and hope you have a lovely day!




Lots of Love



No comments :

Post a Comment